The tooth is a significant part of an animal body. Teeth are used to chew down all the food items. This process is crucial in the digestion process. Even though teeth are one of the densest parts of the body, it is not safe from problems. Many problems lead to the degradation of the tooth. An adult tooth will not grow back, so people who suffer from a broken tooth or similar difficulties can opt for techniques like using Porcelain veneers etc.
A healthy tooth helps in both overall health and confidence. So it is necessary to use percussive measures and corrective methods to keep the tooth functional. According to a study from the Australian health department, one in 25 people in Australia has no natural teeth left.
Why is teeth health important?
Even though Australians are concerned about their tooth health, many lack proper checking of teeth in time. A study from the Australian Department of Health reveals that three out of 10 people delay consulting a dentist on time due to cost concerns. It causes further decaying of teeth.
- Overall health: The only way humans and most animals get energy is through eating food. In the process of digestion, crushing the food items with the teeth is the primary process. Crushing the food helps the intestine to work less and gives more results. Some foods are only possible to eat after crushing them with teeth. So healthy teeth have a definite effect on overall health.
- Appearance and confidence: A fit tooth can improve the appearance of the person. This good look can give the person more confidence. It will help a person to represent effectively in front of others. The appearance of one can change their social status. It will help them to get more respect and position in society.
Common teeth problems and solutions
Teeth problems are general among all people regardless of age. These problems can occur due to different reasons. Taking necessary actions can help to avoid or resolve teeth problems.
- Broken tooth: A cracked tooth is a common problem among several people, and these cracks can cause due to different reasons like accidents and teeth diseases. A cracked tooth can damage the appearance of the person and, thereby, confidence. Several dental clinics in Australian cities assist such people with advanced options like Porcelain veneers. With this technology, specialists attach a piece of porcelain veneer to the broken teeth. It will complete the cracked tooth and look perfectly natural.
- Chipping and staining: Chipping and staining of the tooth affect most adults. It happens due to many reasons, including eating some hard food. Staining can occur due to smoking also. Composite veneers are a great solution to this problem. It protects teeth against chipping and staining by forming a partial or complete coating over them.
- Mild misalignment: Many Australians suffer from a mild misalignment of teeth. This problem happens due to natural reasons and habits of the person. Invisalign is the best option for such people. In Australia, many clinics provide this treatment. The treatment can give a limit to underbite, crossbite and overbite. It also helps to improve the appearance of the person.
- Complete tooth loss: A tooth loss can happen at any age. Usually, it happens more in elders, but anyone can lose a tooth due to an infection in the tooth. In kids, the tooth will regrow once. But the second tooth loss will be permanent. The only solution for permanent tooth loss is a dental implant, and there are different types of dental implant strategies available. And one of the best is the permanent implant.