The National Law University (NLU) releases the exam pattern of AILET (All India Law Interest Test) every year, and this year, it was released on 23rd January. AILET exam pattern consists of information like mode of the exam, types of questions, subjects, etc. A candidate needs to know the exam pattern to begin the preparation.
The exam pattern doesn’t change much compared to the previous years, but it is still important to know the exact pattern so that candidates can make a proper study plan and strategy to prepare for the exam.
AILET exam pattern 2021
- The mode of the examination will be online.
- The time duration of the examination will be 90 minutes.
- The exam will be conducted in the English language.
- A total of 150 questions will be asked in the examination.
- The type of the questions will be MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- You will be awarded one mark for each correct answer, and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The subjects from which the questions will be asked are General Knowledge, Mathematics, Reasoning, Legal Aptitude, and English.
AILET exam: Subject wise questions for UG
Subjects – No. of questions
- Legal Aptitude – 35 questions
- General Knowledge – 35 questions
- English – 35 questions
- Reasoning – 35 questions
- Mathematics – 10 questions
AILET exam: Subjects for PG
- Criminal Law
- Constitutional Law
- Law of Contract
- Law of Tort
- Internatioanl Law etc.
AILET exam pattern: Important points
- If you are an aspirant, you should refer to the exam pattern to schedule your preparation for this exam.
- NLU Delhi offers the following programs based on the AILET scores- BA LLB (110 seats) and LLM (70 seats)
- The AILET 2021 exam pattern will be different for the LLM and BA LLB programs.
- If you are going to write this exam, you should only follow the pattern released by NLU Delhi, which is the main conducting body.
- The questions will be asked only from the mentioned topics. You don’t need to study anything apart from that.
So these are a couple of points that you need to know.
AILET exam preparation tips
If you are a serious candidate who wants to clear the exam, you must follow the following AILET preparation tips. They may help you to score well in your exam.
- Build a timetable and note the amount of time you have to give per subject.
- Practice mock tests and previous year’s question paper.
- Buy a course/study material from a reliable source if needed.
- Identify your weak areas and invest more time in strengthening them.
- Adopt a habit of reading newspapers. It will help you a lot in General Knowledge and English. The Hindu newspaper will be the best.
- Don’t forget to revise what you learned previously. It will help you to remember things for longer so that you perform well in your exam.
- Choose the fastest approach to solve a question. You will be given to attempt 150 questions in 90 minutes, and to score well; you will have to go with the faster approach.
So this was all about the AILET exam and the best preparation tips that you should follow to clear the exam. This exam is conducted on the national level, and it is important to have good command over all the subjects to clear this exam.