There is a high demand for ITIL-certified personnel in the IT business, as firms strive to enhance their project delivery and customer service through the application of best practices. Take an ITIL course to stay ahead of the competition and increase your chances of landing a better job. However, to pursue this professional path, you must be able to pass an interview.
ITIL analytics professionals who want to advance their careers but aren’t sure how to prepare for the ITIL interview can look no further. You’ve come to the right place!
Explain what ITIL is?
Software developers can use ITIL, which stands for Information Technology Infrastructure Library, as a guide to assist them in providing the best possible IT services. A collection of best practices has been compiled over time to provide high-quality IT services.
So let’s take a closer look at ITIL interview questions ranging from simple to complex.
Frequently asked top ITIL interview questions:
Q1) What are the advantages of using ITIL?
Answer: ITIL provides the following advantages:
- There must be a strong correlation between business and IT
- Enhances client happiness and service delivery
- Improved resource usage by reducing expenses
- Detailed information on IT costs and assets
- Improved risk management and service interruption management
- Maintains a steady service environment in the face of continuous business change
Q2) How does ITIL help to reduce IT investment’s total cost of ownership?
Answer: When it comes to IT investments and personnel, things inevitably go awry. As a result, the unscheduled job takes precedence over the scheduled labour. To put it another way, ITIL can assist a company break out of this endless loop, allowing staff to focus on the total cost of ownership (TCO) and other departmental activities.
Q3) Describe change management?
Answer: Change management is a group of people who identify and authorize modifications to the needed software. It provides an opportunity to review the important developments anticipated to take place in the future. By management, it means that the changes will not adversely affect the system.
Q4) In what ways are ITIL service providers diverse from each other?
Answer: Typically, three service providers are involved in the implementation of ITIL. Namely
- Internal service provider: Dedicated internal service provider can handle the whole internal organization of a specific business.
- External service provider: All consumers of the external service provider can use their IT services. It is not confined to any one person, company, or market.
- Shared services unit (SSU): An Autonomous unit that extends Internet service providers (ISPs).
Q5) What does the term “Configuration Management” mean?
Answer: Inventory management is an integral part of Configuration Management. The company’s hardware and software information is all stored in one location for easy access.
Q6) What are the essential stages of ITIL?
Answer: This is one of the commonly asked ITIL interview questions.
The crucial stages of ITIL are:
- Service strategy – To ensure that everyday operations are carried out efficiently, service strategy helps consumers realize the advantages of employing market-driven approaches.
- Service design – In this step, the agreed service is delivered on time, on location, and at the agreed price.
- Service Transitions – This process aims to build and implement IT services and ensure coordination between those services and Service Management activities.
- Service Operations – End-user expectations are met while expenses are balanced, and possible problems are discovered in this stage of ITIL’s service operations.
- Continuous Service Improvement – In the event of an outage, IT services must resume their normal operations. This tool aids in the completion of simplified business analysis to determine which recovery efforts are most important.
Q7) What exactly is Service Desk?
Answer: The foundation of IT Service Management is the IT Service Desk. An enterprise serves as a single point of contact between an IT staff and its various end-users. As a result, the Service Desk steps in whenever there is a problem with the hardware or software.
Q8) In what ways does the PDSA cycle work, and how are its stages defined?
Answer: The PDSA cycle is a four-step management strategy used to monitor and improve a product or process in a company. The Deming cycle/circle/wheel is another name for it.
Phases are segmented into the following:
- Plan: Identifying and assessing the issue
- Do: A solution to the problem is developed and tested.
- Check: Testing the test solution to see if it effectively deals with the problem and determines if it could improve.
- Act: Effectively implementing the new solution
Q9) Name a few different types of knowledge systems?
- Capacity Management Information System (CMIS): IT infrastructure utilization, capacity, and performance data are collected consistently and stored in either single or series databases, depending on the organization’s needs.
- Availability Management Information System (AMIS): AMIS is a collection of Availability Management data spread across multiple physical locations.
- Known Error Database (KEDB): It’s a repository for all of a system’s general issues.
- Configuration Management Database (CMDB): Useful information about company software and hardware assets and their relationships are stored in this database.
- Definitive Media Library (DML): All software media Configuration Items are saved and protected in a secure logical library accessible only to authorized users.
- Service Knowledge Management System (SKMS): Data, expertise, and information needed to manage the lifespan of the IT services are all housed here.
Q10) In ITIL, what do you mean by the configuration baseline?
Answer: In the context of configuration management, a configuration baseline is a unique form of baseline. As part of a formalized change management procedure, it’s utilized for a predetermined configuration.
Professionals in information technology who gain ITIL certifications have the highest chance of seeing their careers take off. Here is the list of ITIL interview questions and answers to familiarize yourself with the types of questions you can encounter during an ITIL job interview. However, an interviewer may ask a variety of additional questions. In other words, one should be prepared for anything and everything that projects a sense of self-assurance and positivity during the interview.